Note: I am currently scheduling web design work from 01/01/14 onwards due to pre-scheduled freelance work commitments.
Experience and Achievements
- Over 10 years of industry experience
- Winner of the Web Standards Award for “Form and Functionality Combined”
- Showcased on numerous industry respected websites and online publications - see the full list
- Member of the Guild of Accessible Web Designers
- Double page feature in the respected national print publication - “Web Designer Magazine”
- Work produced for some rather hefty sized clients
- I can recite almost every line from the film "Caddy Shack"
What I do do
- Brochure, CMS, E-commerce, Blog and other bespoke dynamic web solutions available - conception to solution
- Web site consultancy, planning, strategy, scopes and architectural considerations
- Wire frame layout designs and site map generation
- Creative flat visual design of key website pages
- Web standards based, hand-coded, semantically correct, search engine friendly XHTML / HTML5 & CSS
- Visual design and responsive XHTML / HTML5 & CSS for mobile devices - iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry etc.
- On-page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) service
- E-mail newsletter service: Design and development of templates - content client controlled using a comprehensive system for on-going monitored campaigns
- Possible collaborations on projects with design agencies and experienced web-standards minded programmers
- I sometimes wear the same pair of socks two days running (nowt wrong with that)
What I don't do
- Work on visuals or coding for projects where the final outcome will not be at a high standard - based on my analysis of other parties involved
I prefer taking a project from conception to solution - that way I can apply my high standards of quality control throughout the project, so it has maximum value to all concerned
- Take on half finished projects
- Produce “Flash only” web sites
- Build websites based on the visuals of others (unless they are of a sufficiently high standard)
- I generally don't pitch for work (unless it's a project I really want) - in essence my portfolio is my pitch
- Running around robbing banks all whacked off the scooby snacks
What's it gonna cost yer?
I charge £40.00 per hour / £320.00 per day.
Fruit pastels and / or fruit gums can no longer be accepted as payment due to a rather stern ticking-off from my dentist.
But before you do, I would recommend reading my article: “What I need to spin a good web”, so that I have all the information to deal with your enquiry effectively ...